Your home is a big investment and it deserves the right coverage. With Heritage Insurance, you can get the coverage your home needs at the right price. If you’re buying a home and need coverage, we can help you get what you’re looking for.
How to Get Homeowners Insurance?
If you have your house information handy, all you need is an insurance quote. That can be done in 2 ways.
1) Call for a quote 251-945-6666
2) Fill out a few things about your home at the bottom of this page or on the homeowners quote form.
Why Get Homeowners Insurance?
- Home is where the heart is. If it’s your primary residence, it’s the place where you keep all or most of your possessions. It makes sense to protect the things you own.
- If you have a mortgage on your home, the mortgage company requires that your home have homeowners insurance. Why? Because while you have a mortgage on your home, your home partially belongs to the mortgage company. If the mortgage isn’t paid off, the mortgage company can repossess the home. In the mean time, they don’t want the home that they partially own to suffer any damage.
To discuss your options with one of our licensed insurance agents, call 251-945-6666
What Does House Insurance Protect Against?
Well, that depends on what homeowner policy you get. There are 6 different homeowner’s policies that other companies offer. All covered perils can be described as sudden and accidental. A standard HO3 policy covers: Fire or Lightning, Windstorm or Hail, Explosion, Riot or Civil Commotion, Aircraft, Vehicles (not auto insurance), Smoke, Vandalism or Malicious Mischief (but only if your property has not been vacant for more than 30 days), Theft, Volcanic Eruption, Falling Objects, Weight of Ice, Snow, or Sleet, Accidental Discharge or Overflow of Water or Stream, Sudden & Accidental Tearing Apart, Cracking, Burning, or Bulging, Freezing, Sudden & Accidental Damage from Artificially Generated Electric Current.
What Are My Homeowners Options?
Heritage Insurance offers homeowners an HO3 policy. If you live in a condo, you need a separate policy found on the condo page. Your options are:
- A full policy or a “wind only” policy
- The amount of personal property coverage you want
- If you’d like to insure your other structures or not
What Does Personal Property Include?
It includes all of the contents within your home such as TVs and furniture. The important thing is to know what all homeowner’s policies DO NOT include. Things like guns and jewelry are only covered up to $2,500. Cars and watercraft aren’t covered.
Have more questions? Call 251-945-6666 to speak to an agent. We’re available to talk to you about anything related to our HO3 policy during these hours:
Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Here’s what determines the policy you need:
Do you live in a house that is your primary residence?
If so, you’ll need our HO3 policy. You can fill out that form at the bottom of the page.
Do you own a condo?
You’ll need a HO6 policy. A HO6 is a policy that’s made just for condo owners. You can fill out a form for condo owners here.
Do you rent out to others?
Get a DP3 policy (dwelling policy 3), also known as “landlord insurance”; insurance for landlords. You’ll be able to protect your dwelling, whatever contents you provided for your tenants, and get loss of rents insurance if you choose. More of that is explained on the landlord insurance page.
Is your house vacant?
Get our DP-3 policy! We insure vacant homes on the Gulf Coast! There are a few exclusions to this policy than what a normal homeowner policy offers, such as liability and theft. If you have a vacant house that you would like to insure, you may fill out the form at the bottom of this page or the contact page.
Already Have Homeowners Insurance?
Time to shop around for better prices and better policies? Then you’ve come to the right place. We at Heritage Insurance are confident that we can help you find what you’re looking for. With us, you can expect prompt customer service that will meet your needs quickly and effectively.
To talk to a customer service professional, dial 251-945-6666